The CK1000 is a 4-zone to 16-zone FACP (Fire Alarm Control Panel), which uses conventional input devices. The panel accepts water flow devices, two-wire smoke detectors, four-wire smoke detectors, pull stations and other normally-open contact devices. Outputs include four Notification Appliance Circuits (NAC, SOUND1-4), three standard Form-A relays (alarm, trouble and supervisory) and an EIA-485 port to interface with remote annunciators and optional remote relay modules. The FACP is field programmable via the panel keypad. It also supervises all wiring, AC voltage and battery level.
This series of panels are basically the same in application and operation, their differences are shown in Table 1-1. CK1000 will be described as the example in the following sections.
|FACP||Number of Detection Zones||Number of Sounder Outputs||Output Delay Settings|
1.1 Product Features
- 4,8,16 Class B Initiating Device Circuits (IDCs)
- Four Class B Notification Appliance Circuits (NACs)
- One Form-A Alarm Relay
- One Form-A Trouble Relay
- One Form-A Supervisory Relay
- 3.0 amps of system power
- Max 20 conventional detectors in one zone.
- Auto/Manual mode setting enable walk test.
- Each Zone can be disabled,
- Sound output can be disabled.
- Manual active sound output enabled.
- Able to report short and broken circuit of detection zones.
- Designed with standby batteries and space provision for two sealed lead-acid batteries.
- Testing and disable functions
AC90-270 VAC, 50 Hz, 2.3 amps
Wire size: minimum #14 AWG (2.0 mm2) with 600V insulation
Battery (lead acid only)
Maximum Charging Circuit: Normal Flat Charge-27.6V @ 0.8 amp
Maximum Charger Capacity: 18 Amp Hour batter
Sound Output Device Circuits
General Alarm Zones 1 through 16
Operation: All zones Class B
Normal Operating Voltage: Nominal 24 VDC (ripple = 100 mV maximum)
Alarm Current: 15 mA threshold
Short Circuit Current: 42 mA maximum
Maximum Loop Resistance: 100 ohms
End-of-Line Resistor: 4.7K, ½ watt
Detector Loop Current is sufficient to ensure operation of two alarmed detectors per zone
Standby Current: 7.26 mA
Three Relays Output
Relay contact rating: 2.0 amps @ 30 VDC (resistive), 2.0 amps @ 30 VAC (resistive)
Nonresettable 24 VDC Power
Maximum ripple voltage: 10 mVRMS Operating Voltage nominal 24 volts
Total DC current available from this output is up to 500 mA
Recommended maximum Standby current is 150 mA
Sixteen input circuits provide configuration. Input circuits 1 through 16 may be used as standard fire alarm control panel zones. All sixteen Initiating Device Circuits accept normally-open contact devices and two-wire smoke detectors.
• 24 Volt Resettable Power Output 1000 mA
• 24 Volt Nonresettable Power Output 1000 mA
• 24 Volt Battery Charger (up to 18 AH batteries)
• EIA-485 Port (interfaces to Annunciators, and Graphic Annunciators and Remote Relay Module)
Sound (Notification Appliance )Circuits
Four Notification Appliance Circuits.
Three dry relays for system alarm, system trouble and supervisory are provided standard. Contacts are rated 2.0 amps @ 30 VDC (resistive) and 2.0 amps @ 30 VAC (resistive).
EIA-485 compatible port supports up to 10 different device addresses which can consist of Remote Annunciators, Relay Modules, Annunciators or Graphic Annunciators or any combination of the four modules.
Battery Charger will charge up to 18 AH batteries. The CK1000 cabinet holds a maximum of 7 AH batteries. The external box is required to hold 18 AH batteries. The charger is rated for 500 mA maximum current.